Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mixed berry smoothie


We love to eat smoothies in the summer. The beginning of our love for smoothies started in the fall of 2004 when I was pregnant with Will. I always wanted to eat Jamba Juice but didn't have the funds to buy them at the rate I wanted them so a friend of ours brought over their juice maker and the ingredients to a delicious smoothie. The rest is history.
Mixed Berry Smoothie

Mixed berries
Big scoop of vanilla ice cream
Water
Big scoop of apple juice (frozen concentrate)
A little milk

Blend it all together. Add more or less depending on how you like it.
The deal with the smoothies we make is that we just use whatever ingredients we have. The above ingredients just happen to be what we had. Other ingredients we use:
sherbet, bananas, strawberries, rasberries, blueberries, ice, yougart, various flavors of juice (doesn't always have to be frozen), sugar. Anyway, just mix whatever flavors you like. We rarely use ice cream or sherbet because we don't usually have those ingredients. We usually don't use sugar either because I think the yogart and juice give enough sweetness.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Michelle and I love Jamba Juice. There is nothing like it here. I actually looked up what it would take to start a Jamba Juice francise here. Not only do I not have the money required but I also do not have the required restuarant experience. Oh well.