Thursday, February 21, 2013

Creamy Bacon Tortellini

A few years ago I asked Mike what he wanted for his birthday dinner.  He requested a creamy tortellini.  I had made a creamy tortellini before but Mike wanted something a little different.  He told me the ingredients and I came up with a creamy bacon tortellini.  I didn't do a great job of writing down the exact amounts so you might want to adjust things to your taste.

Creamy Bacon Tortellini
garlic (1-2 crushed cloves)
onions (1/2- 1)
2 TBS butter
1 pkg cream cheese
1 tomato (I usually use Roma)
1/4 c. milk (you can add more to thin it out a little)
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
fried bacon (just a few strips)
frozen (or fresh) spinach  (I just put in about half a container but you can do more or less)
mushrooms (I use about a half a package)
1 pkg tortellini

In a skillet saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and butter.  Add the cream cheese, milk, cheese, spinach, seasoning, salt, and pepper.

While you make the sauce, crisp the bacon and cook the tortellini.  Cook the tortellini as the directions say on the container.  Once the tortellini is finished you can add it to the skillet. Just before serving add the bacon crisps and tomato.

No comments: