Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mexican Lasagna

Mom used to make this when I was growing up.  It is so good--one of my favorite meals.  I introduced it to Mike when we got married and it has become one of his favorite meals as well.  We probably have this every few weeks and never get tired of it.  I have made a few changes to my Mom's recipe.  When I was pregnant I made this as a freezer meal and it froze very well.

Mexican Lasagna

Mix together 1 large can Enchilada sauce and 1 small can tomato paste in a low sided bowl or pan.  Dip flour tortilla in that mixture to cover them and then line a 9x13 baking pan with one layer.  

Layer the lasagna with the following:
1-2 lb browned hamburger, drained 
chopped onion
Refried beans
grated cheese
1 can green chilies
1 pkg taco seasoning
garlic and salt to taste

Cook the hamburger with green chilies, onions, salt, and garlic. Make about 4 layers with the above ingredients.  End the last layer with another layer of tortillas and then pour the remaining enchilada sauce over top.  Bake about 20 minutes or until hot all the way through.  Cover with aluminum foil.  Serve with sour cream, guacamole, chopped olives, tomatoes, etc.


No comments: