Sunday, August 31, 2008

Monster Cookies III

Here it is the Monster cookie recipe I found on recipes.com I think, it's been so long ago, but I love this recipe and usually make the whole batch, if not just cut in half. Some people call these cowboy cookies, but I have tasted many cowboy cookies and have never felt that they taste quite like these. This is a non-flour recipe.

Monster Cookies III

Ingredients:
6 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1/2 pound butter
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons white corn syrup
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups peanut butter

9 cups quick oatmeal or rolled oatmeal or something oatmeal
8 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 pound m-n-m's

Mix together butter, white and brown sugar with mixer until well blended. Add in eggs, mix well.

Then add in vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda and peanut butter, blend again.

Then instead of using your mixer, use your big ole bicep, arm and hand to mix in the oatmeal, chocolate chips and m-n-m's.

Drop by medium cookie scoop onto stone and Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes

The reason you need to use your arm instead of the mixer is I blew up my mixer trying to let it mix this recipe. It was too thick and smoke rolled out the top of the mixer.



Cook's Tips:

Cook all cookies on stoneware always, never substitue metal cookie sheets (they just don't give the same results of even baking). These cookies must be evenly baked since they have so many ingredients in them. If they are darker on the bottom then they will be too crunchy.
I use m-n-m mini baking bits (as they call them) These are found right next to toffee bits and chocolate chips and are cheaper usually then buying a bag of mini m-n-m's. Some people use plain m-n-m's, but I prefer the minis.
I use quick oats in all cookie recipes. I feel that they turn out better.
For the vanilla extract I use Pure Mexican Vanilla and I suggest it always.
If you want nuts in your cookies you can use crunchy peanut butter to get that effect or just add a 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts to mix.

This dough can be frozen for later use.

1 comment:

Jess and Jason said...

I made these and found that if I cooked them for a shorter amount of time they were really yummy and chewy.

I tend to make small cookies and the first few pans I baked were burnt to a crisp!

The dough lasted in my fridge for almost a month. It was great to just pull it out and put a couple on a pan and have a treat!