Sunday, January 12, 2014

Strawberry Watermelon Lime Smoothie

Strawberry Watermelon Lime Smoothie

In the summer the boys always want me to buy watermelon but we never finish an entire watermelon so I never want to buy one.  This past summer I found this recipe and knew it was the perfect addition to our recipes.  It was watermelon, strawberries, lime, all in smoothie and these boys love smoothies but a smoothie with watermelon, lime, and strawberries was even better.  They request this over and over.

Recipe: Strawberry Watermelon Lime Frosty

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon (in large diced cubes for easy blending)
  • 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 water
  • *add slowly as needed to get blender moving – add more if needed
  • 1 banana
  • 2 limes, squeezed
  • lime sherbet (optional--I only do this for a special treat from time to time.  If I don't use the sherbet I just put in a little bit of sugar or honey)
  • ice optional

Instructions

  1. Blend in high speed blender – add ice for a frostier sip. Serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe adapted from Babble.com

No comments: