There is nothing fancy about this recipe. The recipe calls for canned chicken and canned carrots. I made the recipe as it is written because I was in a hurry. We really enjoyed it, Eli especially. But I think next time I make it if I've got time I'll use fresh carrots and cook up some chicken breasts.
Recipe from: Wellfee Family Blog
Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup (in less than 30 minutes!)
1/2 of medium onion, chopped
1 bag of egg noodles (you can use either medium or wide)
2 cans of cooked chunk chicken breast (you don't have to use canned chicken here)
1 can of sliced carrots, strained
Chicken Bouillon cubes
Easy steps to homestyle, tasty goodness:
1) In a large soup pot, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
2) Fill pot 2/3 full with hot water and add bouillon cubes (I usually use 3 or 4)- you could also use canned chicken broth.
3) Bring to a rolling boil and add bag of egg noodles.
4) Boil until noodles are tender (approx. 12-15 minutes), and stir occasionally.
5) Add carrots and chicken and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 more minutes. (I usually do a quick taste test here and add more seasoning if it needs it.)
6) Sprinkle parsley flakes on top and serve!!!