Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quick and Easy Caramel Apple Cider Crockpot Recipe


We had this as a fun Christmas treat.  It was a hit with everyone.

Quick and Easy Caramel Apple Cider Crockpot Recipe

The Ingredients.
serves 4, (can easily be multiplied --use a larger cooker though!)
4 cups apple cider
3 tablespoons caramel syrup (the ice cream topping)
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream (optional; I leave it off for my kids)

The Directions.

Use a 2-quart slow cooker. Now this is sweet---I've modeled it after the stuff they serve at the store. After making it this way a few times, I've successfully cut back on the syrup without my kids (and their friends!) knowing---do what is right for your own family.

Mix it all in together---stir, and cook on low for about 4 hours. I like to put it on after I clean up the breakfast dishes and then leave it alone until our after-school snack. I've also made a large pot for Girl Scout events and  playdates. The kids really like it, and it's a nice change of pace from hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Leftovers refrigerate and reheat well (in the microwave).


No comments: