Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

We tried this recipe this week and loved it as well.  It isn't super healthy so if you are looking for something healthy, don't try this...but, if you are looking for a delicious meal, this is a great choice.  I made this for a friend that just had a baby and she called me the next morning to tell me that she even ate it for breakfast.  So it was good.  I found the recipe off of Allrecipes.com


Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves-cut into cubes (I don't ever use the amount of meat called for--I almost always cut the amount of meat in half in all my recipes so I just used 3)
6 Tbs butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
1 Tbs Italian seasoning (I didn't have any on hand so I just made up my own)
I pound fettuccine pasta
1 onion, diced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbs salt (this seemed really salty to me until I mixed it with the noodles so you can subtract salt if you choose)
3 cups milk (I didn't have milk on hand so I used powdered milk and it was still delicious)
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces Colby-Monterrey Jack Cheese
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup sour cream

In a small skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 Tbs butter, 2 clovers garlic, and Italian Seasoning.  Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.  Remove from skillet and set aside.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.  Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

Meanwhile, melt 4 Tbs butter in the skillet.  Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic, and mushrooms until onions are transparent.  Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook two minutes.  Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy.  Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterrey Jack cheeses; stir until smooth and creamy.  Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream.  Serve over cooked fettuccine.


No comments: