Sunday, February 20, 2011

Quad batch of Waffles

I made the fluffiest waffles today and I'm not sure why this same recipe I've used for years turned out better today, but it did and here's the recipe.

By the way I make it a quad batch because of the number of people in the house so here's that recipe times 4

8 Eggs separated--meaning whites in one bowl and yolks in another.

7 cups of milk

7 cups of flour. I used wheat flour once and no one liked the waffles, however if your family is used to wheat flour then maybe you can get away with this. It would be a healthier option.

4 Tablespoons of Baking POWDER. Don't use the soda, just don't.

1 Teaspoon of Salt

2 cups of Oil. Yes I know that's a ton, but it's really only 1/2 cup per recipe, but since this is times 4 that's why it seems like so much.

Okay, that's it on the ingredients, let's explain putting it together:

Once you have separated yolks from whites, fluff the whites with a mixer until those whites look like still mountain peaks. Reminds me of Idaho mountains, oh how I miss Idaho.

Set the white STIFF peaks aside until you have mixed everything else.

Oh I gave it away, mix everything else together except for the oil, meaning
the 8 yolks, the 7 cups of milk, the baking powder, salt and all that flour and then once you mix everything, then add the oil and mix again, then gently fold in the stiff egg whites.

Pour about 3/4 of a cup of the mix into a hot waffle iron and then after it is golden brown enjoy it with your favorite syrup or other topping.

My favorite syrup is Aunt Jemima Butter Lite syrup. I also like Raspberry jam on my waffles.

No comments: