Friday, October 23, 2009

7-Layer Cookies

I'm not sure if I've posted this already but I don't think I have. This is Mike's favorite cookie recipe. I don't usually use measurements on this recipe. Just put as much of each ingredient as you want. For the chips we usually use about a half a bag of both chocolate and butterscotch chips. The coconut I just use enough to cover the top. Add more or less as you like it. This recipe came from my friend Heather Boden.

7 Layer cookies

1 stick butter
Graham crackers (I use about a package and a half, more or less)
walnuts or other nuts (I don't usually have nuts so I don't do this and it takes fine)
chocolate chips
butterscotch chips
coconut
sweetened condensed milk (it calls for a whole can but it will sometimes be too soggy so we use 1/2 -3/4 a can)

Melt butter and crush graham crackers. Mix together then press onto bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Next you just layer all the ingredients. Start with the chocolate chips and end with the sweetened condensed milk. Cook in over at 350 degrees until lightly brown.

No comments: