Sunday, May 24, 2009

Greek Salad


You all know that Mike is into cheese....He loves to go to Sam's and pick out different cheeses. He took the boys with him this week and let them each pick a cheese. Will chose Feta (he is super picky and didn't know what it tasted like or he wouldn't have chose it). So, now we have a huge block of Feta. I decided to make a yummy salad.


Greek Salad


1 iceberg lettuce

6 tomatoes

1 medium cucumber

1 cup feta cheese

16 black olives, pitted and halved


For the dressing:

3 tbs. olive oil

1 tbs. lemon juice

1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard

1 tsp. oregano

A dash of black pepper


Shred the lettuce, then chop the tomatoes, cucumber, and feta into big chunks and put them all in a large bowl with the olives. To make the dressing, put the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, and a dash of pepper in the jelly glass, and screw on the lid tightly. When you're ready to serve the salad, shake the dressing in the jar until it's all mixed up, then pour it over the salad and toss everything lightly so the salad is coated with the dressing.


I made a few changes. We needed protein so I added some chicken strips I seasoned with Creole seasoning. I used a sprig mix of greens instead of iceberg lettuce, and I only used about three Roma tomatoes and that was plenty. We loved this salad. I'm already excited to try it again.
I got this recipe from Kid's Cookbook

No comments: