Monday, December 22, 2008

Alice Springs Chicken


I'm not sure where I found this recipe, online somewhere. It is so good. Have you ever tried the Alice Springs Chicken at Outback? This is the recipe. It is one of our favorites. It has mushrooms but you can take them off if you don't like them. I think the mushrooms are so good on them though. I have posted this on my blog before but thought I'd post it here now that we have this blog.
honey mustard
6 slices bacon, sliced in half
1/2 teaspoon McCormick's Season All
1 cup sliced mushrooms, drained
3 cups shredded colby or monterey jack cheese


Rub chicken breast with Seasons All and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.While the breast is marinating fry bacon crisp and drain.Sauté chicken breasts on medium heat in pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking.Cook on both sides until a slight golden color and cooked in the middle but not dry.Remove from pan and place in a 9 x 13 dish.Spread chicken breast with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three pieces of bacon and then sprinkle with shredded Colby/jack cheese, chicken should be covered with shredded cheese.Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or until cheese melts.


Here are the changes I make: I only use 4 pieces of bacon. I think 6 is too much. I make my own honey mustard (mayo, mustard, honey). I also usually monterey or mozzerella cheese, I haven't done colby yet. I don't use canned mushrooms unless I don't have fresh. I saute the fresh in a little butter. I don't think I've ever marinated the breast with the Seasons All. This is a super good meal. Everyone I've ever cooked it for loves it.

3 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

I love this!! So good! Was thinking of having it for Christmas eve dinner! YUM!

Jess and Jason said...

Looks delicious, we will have to try it! Thanks

Jess and Jen said...

We tried it yesterday! Yum yum! --Jen